Thursday, July 19, 2012

Titletown Bike Tour

Kevin and I rode in our first tour together on Saturday, July 15th in Green Bay. It was the Titletown Bike Tour and we rode the 55K (34 miles). This was a big step for me, since my longest ride was 18 miles on a bike trail. I had my first "endurance" ride the week of the tour... ugh, it's a big difference.

Overall, it went very well. I finished! We started around 9:00 am and finished a little before 12:00 pm. We only took one break at 10 miles in. I probably could have used another break around 25 miles, but we pushed through. The ride was very pretty and unlike Arkansas, there are very few hills (meaning real hills) in Wisconsin. We had a few rolling hills that were tough for me but in the grand scheme of things, they weren't that bad. Although, I've never been so happy to get off my bike after we crossed the finish line!! Per my request, we laid in the grass for a little while.

Our next big ride is the Door County Century on Sunday, September 9th. This ride is in Sturgeon Bay - which is a beautiful area in Door County (about 1.5 hours north of Green Bay). It's on a peninsula. I plan to ride 50 miles... a Half Century. It sounds scary, but I have tell myself it's only 16 miles longer than the Titletown. I can do it. I will practice a little more for this one. I think I learned my lesson. Several of Kevin's family members are doing this ride with us including: his dad (Steve), his uncle (Doug Richey), his aunt (Gina Richey), his sister (Kim) and his brother-in-law (Tony). Thanks to his dad - we are ALL wearing matching Maverick jerseys!! There is also a big group from Schneider National riding with us! It will be a fun time.

Here's a few pictures of our Titletown ride:
Pre - Ride looking all fresh!
I had Kevin take my picture with the sign like a dork.

Amy didn't ride with us but ran into us at the finish line. She rode the 100K (60 something miles). 

 We did it! 
One proud cyclist!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment