Monday, November 21, 2011

The Move

Well, as you know... we made it! I've been meaning to start the blog for a while now. We lost our Internet connection for a few days, so I was delayed. You'll have to bear with me since this is my first blog.

It's a very surreal moment when you know you entire life is packed up in a truck. That's exactly how we felt and luckily, only a few things were damaged in the move. Although, we are still waiting to hear back from the claims dept. It was very bitter, sweet packing up all of our possessions and move so far away. We miss you all very much and can't wait to see you at Christmas!

Goodbye Stepping Stone!

The drive was a LONG 14 hours, but the excitement kept us going! We made it in two days. On the first day, we made it all the way to Milwaukee (can you tell I married a trucker!). Although I have to admit, it was nice to make it that far, because we only had three hours to drive that next morning. We arrived at our new home, 1863 Charles Street in DePere, around lunch.

I have a few more pictures to upload, but my computer will not let me. Stay tuned!

I'm sure you're wondering about the weather. Well, we were lucky on the move-in day, because it was beautiful! Sunny and mid-50s! The rain came the next day... It literally took us a week to unpack. I was very grateful Kevin took the week off to help unpack; I could not have done it myself in that amount of time.

Until next time... love, Lauren & Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment