Tuesday, May 29, 2012

First Laney Visit!

My parents (Sid and Debra) came to visit us for the first time this past weekend - Memorial Day Weekend! 


It was truly a perfect weekend and we were so sad to see them leave. They flew into Milwaukee on Friday  and got in town around 7 pm. Kevin and I gave them a quick tour of De Pere & Green Bay and then we went to eat at our favorite Mexican Restaurant, Caliente! They make the  BEST margarita I've ever had - it's called The Black Magic Margarita! So yummy - with no heartburn or tummy ache! I usually can't drink margaritas.


We gave mom and dad an official tour on Saturday complete with a tour of Lambeau Field (Packer's Stadium). Then we took them to one of our favorite places to eat and grab drinks, Fox Harbor. They have great food, but the best part is their view of the Fox River! So much of Green Bay is centered around the water, however there's not too many restaurants or bars on the water!

We were invited over to The Cobb's House (Kevin's co-worker) for appetizers and drinks late Saturday afternoon. We had a great time and the Cobb's are great hosts! Our friends Craig and Julie also came over. It was so nice to actually sit and talk with everyone. Many times we meet at a party or restaurant and it's hard to talk. Afterwards, we came home and made a fire in our firepit. It sprinkled a little but it was great to sit on the patio with Kevin and my parents. I miss this!

Sunday was our Grilling Day - well actually not grilling, Kevin smoked a few racks of ribs. He is a fantastic smoker and griller! We've bragged so much about his grilling-skills and this was my parents first time to experience his ribs! Let's just say... he may be cooking at our future family gatherings! We had such a fun afternoon! Mom and I went to Menards (like Home Depot) and bought some plants for the house. I'm really testing my green thumb - we bought tomatoes and strawberries. If all goes well, maybe I'll follow in my grandpa Blount's footsteps and have a real garden one day (baby steps first!). We hung out on the patio all day and the weather was BEAUTIFUL! Mom kept saying it felt like beach weather - warm but with a cool breeze. Mom and I even made some yummy and quite tangy "Wine Slushes." They had Merlot, pomegranate juice and raspberries in them.

On Sunday evening, we went to Celebrate De Pere, which is an annual music festival in our neighborhood. We mainly went for the fireworks but stuck around for a little bit of Diamond Rio. Here's a few pictures from the festival.




You don't realize how much you miss being with your family until it's time for them to leave... I think we were all a little teary eyed. All I wanted was for them to have a wonderful Wisconsin vacation and I think we accomplished that! It was a very relaxing weekend, and we even fit in a few tourist attractions!

We love you! Ready for your next visit!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren,
    I am so glad your parents had a great time and you all had a good time together! Sounds like fun! And I am testing my green thumb out too! Hope we become experts at it! :)

    ReplyDelete