Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Milwaukee Weekend

Little Weekend Getaway! 

Kevin and I decided it's time to start crossing some trips off our "to-do list!" We were able to knock off Milwaukee and a Brewers Game in one weekend! One day while I was working, Kevin surprised me with Brewers vs. Cubs tickets (for the following weekend) and Cubs vs. Cardinals (in July in Chicago!). Fun Surprise! 

This past Friday Night while we were packing for our trip to Milwaukee, I told Kevin that his beard looked a little long... and he came out of the bathroom with a fu manchu! Oh yeah, very baseball appropriate! 

We left early Saturday morning because our game was at noon; Milwaukee is only an hour and a half drive. We stayed at The Aloft Hotel in downtown Milwaukee. The downtown area is very neat and historic! I thought we had a fantastic idea for the day - we valeted our car and didn't move it until we left on Sunday. Since we were downtown, we went to a bar called Mo's Irish Pub and they actually had a shuttle to and from the game! Perfect! 



The Cheese Bar was just block down from our hotel! I had to get a picture and we planned to stop on our way home, but forgot. 

 Here's us at the game! We had a great time and had GREAT seats! It's been so long since I've been to a Major League game... I think a Rangers game when I was little. 
Be sure to notice Kevin's stash! By the way, the Brewers won! 



After the game, we waited and waited on the shuttle and then decided to take a taxi. We went back to Mo's for a late lunch/early dinner and then began our "bar hopping" back to our hotel! We came across this cool piece of art on our walk. We took a TON of pictures of it but only a few turned out cute. I thought this was neat!


I'm sure we got a lot of funny looks, but we didn't care! We were just being goofy! 
This is my "the earth is on my shoulders" picture!


We even had a nice runner take our picture! The picture on the right is of the "Das Boot" when we were at The Braut Haus. Not sure if you've ever seen the movie "Beerfest"... but it's pretty funny. It's about this "beer drinking team" from America to go to Germany to win Beerfest! The final challenge is "Das Boot." I'm laughing while I type this just thinking about it! We thought it was hilarious that it was on the menu!   


Kevin finished his Das Boot, but we had a minor Das Boot accident with mine. We kept laughing and cheers-ing... well you can probably figure out what happened to mine. CRASH and SPLASH! 


On Sunday, we had a great brunch at Brocach Irish Pub and were off to the Milwaukee Zoo! I absolutely loved the zoo when I was little and still do today! They can make me a little sad, but some animals are much safer in a zoo than the wild! I just have to remind myself of that. 

Hope you enjoy our trip! Just in case you are wondering, Kevin shaved his fu manchu before he went to work on Monday! 

Love, L & K

No comments:

Post a Comment