Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pixie Turns 9

When I say that I got Pixie in 2003, it doesn't seem like that should be nine years ago. I feel like it was just yesterday when she was a little pup and could fit in the palm of my hand. Well, here it is 2012 and she's not too much bigger, weighing around 6-7 pounds.

This little dog truly brings so much joy to my life and not only my life, but my family and Kevin too. Kevin wasn't so sure about Pixie at first. He thought she was a sweet dog, but she had to grow on him. And, him on her too. Pix didn't know about Kevin at first either. I think it was because he is so tall (6'5") and he has a loud voice. I have a loud voice but she's plenty used to mine. Don't worry, they are two peas in a pod now.

We celebrated Pixie's 9th birthday on April 28th. It was kind of a yucky day... I had planned on us going for a picnic along the Fox River. They have a great walking/biking trail along the river, but it was windy and rained instead. So, Kevin and I took Pix and Kaaba (our lab) to Pet's Mart to pick out their presents and then I made doggie cupcakes! I'll share the recipe - the dogs loved them and they are super easy to make!

Dog Cake/Cupcakes
1 egg
1/4 cup of peanut butter (I bought the natural/organic kind so it wouldn't have sugar)
1/4 of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/3 cup of honey
1 cup of shredded carrots
1 cup of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour and baking soda and mix well. Add other ingredients and mix well. It will be very thick. Pour mixture into cake pan or cupcake pan (grease pan). My recipe said cook for 40 minutes, but I think that is too long. I think 25 minutes was enough. I also made icing with cream cheese (8 oz), honey and peanut butter. I mixed to taste.

Here are some of my favorite Pixie moments:
 At a bike race - looking a little crazy

Soaking up some rays at Betsy's cabin

Being blessed by Pastor Will at Blessing of the Pets!

Snow day in 2011 with Aunt Macy

Her favorite Halloween costume

This picture only needs one caption: Worthless!

Ready to take a ride on my scooter - although I was afraid to put her on there. For her own good. 

Sun bathing turned into a regular bath... she love rolling in nasty stuff.

Showing her brother (Kaaba) her cowboy hat

We love you Pixie - Here's to 9 more years! 


No comments:

Post a Comment